Friday 27 November 2009

Filming

I have been involved with the filming process of our documentary.
Firstly for our documentary we had to film images of people’s tattoo’s and piercings for a montage that would be shown at the beginning of our documentary, this involved taking handheld extreme close-up’s of people’s tattoos and piercings. I filmed approximately 10 of these images for the montage. By doing this filming with a handheld camera, my handheld camera work improved significantly as I had to ensure that the framing was correct and I did not move the camera so that the image was on screen correctly, doing this also improved my framing work.
Secondly, I filmed still images for the sections ‘Tattoo History’ and ‘Piercing History’, this involved panning and zooming so that they looked interesting rather than just still images on screen. Some of the images from this work we we’re unable to us as the camera moved or the image was not framed correctly, so we had to re-film some of the images, which helped improve our skills and ensure that the images looked professional for use in our documentary.
I also played a part in the filming of our Voxpop, the first time we went out to do the Voxpop I was filming whilst the other person in my group was asking people if they were willing to take part and voice their opinions on camera, although some of the filming was unusable due to background noise or other sound issues or just down to what the people had said so we went out a second time to do more filming for this part of the documentary. The second time we went out I was asking people the questions and the other person in my group was in control of the camera work, although on both occasions we both helped each other out with the camera work and framing.
Finally, I filmed an interview with Josh Gilroy, doing this helped me as I had to use not only the camera, but also a tripod and microphone. I had to set up the camera in the correct position, ensure the framing was correct, so that the eye line was 1/3 of the way up the screen and check the interviewee was to one side of the screen and do sound checks with the microphone to ensure that all sound would be picked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment